Old 25-04-2003, 03:56 PM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Loaches and MTS

Robert Flory wrote:
Good grief, maybe I should buy some and ship them to you. My LFS in Concord
CA, which is supplied out of LA, sells the little ones for about $10, the
big ones for $24 and I thought their prices were high.

Not at all! I might add some in a few years after some of my current residents
move to the big tank in the sky.
I need to figure out how to make my ever-hungry rainbows develop a liking for
guppy fry... any ideas?

I was looking at some other pretty loaches...Botia Rosta.. something I
think. I was advised not to get them as they tend to eat anything they can
catch. Still pretty though.

Botia rostrata? I don't think it's *that* aggresive. loaches.com has a
species index with lots of info. Also, the folks in the web board are very
knowledgeable and helpful.

--
Victor M. Martinez

http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv