Old 09-06-2013, 02:45 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default 'superwheat' that boosts crops by 30%

"David Hare-Scott" wrote in message
Rick wrote:
On Sat, 8 Jun 2013 09:23:56 +1000, "David Hare-Scott"
wrote:

The people you are attempting to communicate with are a religious
cult that is anti-GMO. Don't bother to try to educate them. They
will spew pseudo-science back at you to refute real science.
Interesting cult. Faith based science!

You don't have any examples of this behaviour do you? So far the
religious texts. You might want to reply with some facts instead of
a broad generalisation with no obvious evidence. So far you are
exhibiting the very thing you criticise.

David

Sure.

It is just too frustrating to talk to peolple with only the vaguest
idea of what DNA is, much less genetic and epigenetic regualtion of
gene expression, when the bandy about psuedo statements like the one
above and think they understand what it might mean. There are, of
course, legitimate concerns about gentically manipulating food crops,
whether done by an engineer, or a sselectibe breeder. Just taste a
store bought tomoato... Still, without a great deal more knowledge,
some one like Billy (or you) can't possibly enter the debate. So that
makes you boooooooring.

I don't see those examples of my religious behaviour yet. I don't see
any facts to contradict the article under discussion. You have no idea of
the level of my understanding of genetics so you make up an insult or two.
You really need to do better than introducing a diversion with some ad
hominem attacks, even simple gardeners can see through that.

And I'm a more simple and out of date gardener than most. I'd like to know
what type of engineer now works in genetically manipulating food. My
familiarity of the old categories of electrical, mechanical, aeronautical,
civil etc are decades out of date it seems. And what is a 'sselectibe
breeder'?