Old 09-06-2013, 03:00 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Farm1[_4_] Farm1[_4_] is offline

Default 'superwheat' that boosts crops by 30%

"Billy" wrote in message

GMOs may turn out to be totally innocuous.

Yup.

Americans are basically the
test animals to determine GMOs safety as food products. (snip)
I don't care that you aren't worried, because I'm worried, and I don't
like the idea of being a test animal.

Well look on the bright side Billy, the rest of the world is grateful that
so many US citizens are more than happy to eat whatever is put on their
supermarket shelves without question or with only limited scrutiny. We who
don't 'enjoy' the freedoms you 'enjoy' may yet garner some benefit from your
guinea pig status.

Monsanto, et al. are trying to
shove GMOs down our throats. They should identify their products, and
let people choose.

Yep. That should be a basic consumer right and certainly is in some other
nations.

If after a period of time people come to accept GMOs,
fine, the general population will have been saved from unreasonable
testing, but that isn't what GMO producers are doing.

Nope. Ethics doesnt seem to be a work that is recognised in their business
plan