Old 09-06-2013, 03:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Notat Home Notat Home is offline

Default How to protect my cherry tree from birds?

CherryTree wrote:
After several attempts to fit the netting I can say with certainty that
netting is not an option, the tree is too high. Are there any other
reliable options?

I just leave mine unprotected. Each year the birds start eating them
before they are ripe, but the trees produce enough that the birds eat
all they want, and there are more than enough left for us. I keep
thinking it would be nice if I could train the birds to eat the high
hanging fruit that I can't reach, and leave the low hanging fruit for me.