Old 09-06-2013, 11:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mulching fruit bushes

On Saturday, June 8, 2013 11:43:46 PM UTC+1, wrote:
wrote:

Dumping assorted prunings there works pretty well, feeds them too.

Last year's prunings have all grown into surprisingly healthy new plants. ;-)

What kind of prunings are you using?

Anything soft. Mainly ivy, passionfruit, borage, grass, potato, tomato, a few other things, whatever's up for disposal. I figure the mulch is deep enough that the ones that could get a grip on the soil get no light, and the ones with light get no soil/water. So far so good.

I can only give away a small fraction of the trimmings as cuttings.

NT