Old 10-06-2013, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Automatic Watering

I've bought an automatic water control from Aldi for
about £20. Works well, with lots of options, which is
the problem.

I am using it to water tomato plants growing in the
greenhouse in grobags, plus a few lettuces in the soil
there. Using small pipe drip feed system.

I have an option of 15, 30 or 60 mins once or twice a
day. How long and how often is appropriate? At the
moment I'm trying twice a day for 30 mins, which
looked to be about right during last weeks heat.
Trouble is I'm going away soon so I'll not have much
time to try other settings, hence the request for
advice.

Other concern is that there was no advice on battery
life, so I'm a little concerned that the batteries may
fail whilst I'm away for 3 weeks. Being Aldi supplied,
only contact was a German web site!

--
Roger T

700 ft up in Mid-Wales