Old 13-06-2013, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Weed killer traces in nine of 10 urine samples of people inMalta

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 11:33:06 +0100, Martin Brown wrote:

The mayor of our village was just disciplined for using glyphosate to
kill some weeds and grass in front of the cemetery and in the village
square. Apparently it's no longer authorised, you're meant to do it
with a blow torch.

That is just silly. Glyphosate is far less environmentally damaging than
the blow torch which will cause the production of dioxins in any plant
material that is actually burnt by the flame.

Yes, we got a chuckle out of it. The blow torch is unlikely to do much
against most of the pernicious weeds (couch, ground elder, nettles) that
grow around there anyway.

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy