Old 13-06-2013, 06:46 PM
tracymcuk tracymcuk is offline
Registered User

Default Neglected Pond

Can I have some advice please. I am moving into a house in afew weeks time that has a 5ft x 4ft (approx) pond which has been neglected and as I like fish I was going to tidy it up but really don't know where to start with it. I can see there is a pump in it but not currently doing anything, it is covered in green gunge, tons of snails, loads of bugs and there are what I have seen so far three goldfish one being quite big. What I thought of doing was getting a clean bin and a colander and emptying the current water into the bin with the colander catching all the rubbish, so I could re use the same water that the fish are used to.

Any advice on trying to revive this pond would be much appreciated otherwise I'm sad to say it will have to be filled in.

Thanks

Tracy