Old 13-06-2013, 04:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Johno Johno is offline

Default Old Rose identification

Not entirely sure if anyone can help, but if anyone can it's the people on this forum!

We have propagated a cutting from an old climbing rose, growing on a house that was due for demolition. Judging by the state of the plant it was nearly as old as the house. House was built 1902.

The rose has flowered this year for the first time, lovely flowers and a delicious scent, reminds me of Attar of Roses or good quality Turkish delight!

Question is, what rose is it?

http://tinyurl.com/lp5zekp

Thanks in advance

John (in a very wet and windy Lincolnshire)