Old 13-06-2013, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Blueberries

On Thu, 13 Jun 2013 20:46:21 +0200, David in Normandy wrote:

Anyone have success growing blueberries? I must be doing something
wrong. Planted a bush 7 years ago "Bluecrop" and after 7 years I have a
very healthy 10 feet tall bushy tree that has never had a single fruit
on it! Every spring it has lots of catkins, but that's all. Any
suggestions on what is wrong or should I just take the chainsaw to it
and convert it into firewood?

I planted 2 bushes last fall, they do have berries on them this spring.
Mine is a self pollinating type.

They do need acid soil, I assume you've got that?

--
Gardening in Lower Normandy