Old 13-06-2013, 09:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Blueberries

snip

I'll check the pH, the soil may not be acid enough.

I googled the catkins and what I get seems normal:
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=blueberry

+catkins&btnG=Search&hl=en&gbv=1

I bought the plant from a garden centre and still have the label for
it;
so in addition to the catkins it looks definitely like the real plant.
The leaves also look the same as on the label.

Have a read of
http://www.allotments4all.co.uk/smf/...?topic=52376.0

Blueberry fruits come from white flowers.

http://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/images/75/
blueberry_bluecrop_flower_001.jpg

I don't see how you can get blueberry fruits from catkins!

Oops!

Try http://www.victoriananursery.co.uk/Blueberry_Bush_Bluecrop/ for the
proper picture.

IMHO your catkin is not part of the blueberry, and the links for the Google
query on 'blueberry catkins' agree.

Some serious investigation needed - you may have a cuckoo in your garden.

Cheers

Dave R