Old 25-04-2003, 04:32 PM
LeeAnne

Default milky spores in southern NH

I'm about 20 miles north of Boston and all I can say is that it won't hurt
to put down the milky spore. For some reason I think that the spore may not
survive the winter where we are?? Maybe, but not sure.

Good luck
LeeAnne
-i know I have grubs because I can see the holes the skunks dig to get them
out -mmmm grubs :-)
"Tim" wrote in message
om...
I'm thinking about using milky spores for grub control in a lawn I seeded

last
year. I don't have any problems now, but multiple people in the

neighborhood
have lost their entire lawns to grubs. My current plan is to use Bayer

with
Merit until I get the milky spore disease established. A couple of

questions:

1) On a couple of milky spore websites, they say that it'll take 3-5 years

get the milky spore disease established in New England (colder climates).

How
can you tell when it's "established" and it's safe to stop applying it?

2) Has anyone else in New Hampshire had any experiences (good or bad)

they'd
like to share?

Thanks!