Old 14-06-2013, 10:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Wendy Tinley Wendy Tinley is offline

Default Should I support my sapling Rowan with a stake?

On 13/06/2013 22:53, Spider wrote:

However, if it's likely trajectory means it will overhang a well-used
path or pavement and if it's likely to thrash passers-by, then by all
means consider a stake, but *not* one that passes through it's roots.

To reiterate, *it* doesn't need a stake; you might need it to have one.

Yes the sapling is adjacent to the pavement but as we live in a close
there isn't a huge amount of traffic - but as it could affect just one
person, it is a consideration.

My office window is over looking the front garden so I will continue
monitoring and if it is becomes a nuisance to passer-bys then I'll do
what I can to restrain the tree's exuberance.

Thanks for your reply.

--
Wendy Tinley
SE Sheffield