Old 14-06-2013, 10:56 PM posted to rec.gardens
Todd[_2_] Todd[_2_] is offline

Default Do I prune my zuke/cuke seedlings?

Hi All,

I have a black thumb. So if anything actually grows, I am tickled.
It hurts my heart to prune anything. But ...

This years in my garden, I planted both zucchini and Japanese cucumbers:
three seeds to a hole. To my "astonishment" ALL
three seeds now have seedlings. Big ones too!

Question for those wiser and with a green thumb: do I prune
the seedlings back to the largest one? Do I leave them
alone? Any words of wisdom?

If I prune, how do I do that? Just pull them up? Cut them with
scissors close to the ground so as to not disturb the remaining
one's roots?

Many thanks,
-T