Old 15-06-2013, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Coir

On 15/06/2013 16:13, Janet Tweedy wrote:
On 15/06/2013 15:43, Spider wrote:
That sounds like quite a recommendation, Janet! Do you buy in bricks or
bales, or by the bag? If/when you pot up to JI 2/3, do you blend with
coir to keep the heavier JI open and, perhaps, to acclimatise the plant
to its new conditions, or do you simply drop the coir plug into the
(unadulterated) JI compost?

I bought 5 bales at once but I did have a lot of stuff to pot up!! One
other way to pot on semi grown cuttings is to put JI/2 round outside but
a small plug of coir in middle for roots to get going and then find good
compost when they get larger. (IYSWIM)

I certainly SWYM. I think I may have to try some coir bales. I'll have
a look at prices and give it a go. Thanks, Janet.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London