Old 15-06-2013, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
RustyHinge RustyHinge is offline

Default Old Rose identification

On 13/06/13 16:40, Johno wrote:
Not entirely sure if anyone can help, but if anyone can it's the people on this forum!

We have propagated a cutting from an old climbing rose, growing on a house that was due for demolition. Judging by the state of the plant it was nearly as old as the house. House was built 1902.

The rose has flowered this year for the first time, lovely flowers and a delicious scent, reminds me of Attar of Roses or good quality Turkish delight!

Question is, what rose is it?

http://tinyurl.com/lp5zekp

I'll have a look in '(Sven) Poulsen on The Rose' which I have somewhere.
It's not *exactly where I thought it was, but it's sufficiently
venerable to be worth a look.

Why, when I try to open your tinyurl am I asked to accept one cookie
fromtinyurl and a cascade of them from Flickr? (I killed the connection).

--
Rusty Hinge