Old 16-06-2013, 10:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roger Tonkin[_2_] Roger Tonkin[_2_] is offline

Default Brassicas

I started my brassicas in tray this year, rather than
risking the slug/pigeons/mice etc in the garden. I
used a bag of Levington Multi-pupose bought last year,
but unopened.

Seeds germinated fine and started to grow well, then
the seed leaves dropped and the first pair of true
leaves started turning yellow/red/purle, whilst growth
seemed to stop. Planted them out in the garden, and
they now have regained their normal green colour and
are growing on well.

I suspect hat there was something lacking in the
compost, no idea what or why.

Any one any ideas please?

--
Roger T