Old 17-06-2013, 11:26 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_10_] View Post
I can't believe that you need to throw any of them away. Even if one
of them did turn out to be Cannabis sativa, you have plenty of evidence
that you've tried to establish its identity properly. And imo, none
of them are that. And no, your first plant isn't morning glory which
is Ipomoea and which we grow here as a perfectly legitimate climber.
I'm starting to think of Thunbergia, perhaps gregorrii.
-
It'd help us all if you could give reasons. The picture I posted of a cannabis seedling looked remarkably like the picture Lintama posted, so what are the differences that you can see, either from that, or from your own experience, that makes you think that it's not?

You say the first isn't morning glory which is Ipomea, but the genus Ipomea has quite a number of species and varieties which look wildly different as seedlings - I've got two batches at the moment, one of which looks very like Lintama's, the other looking completely different. Lintama says hers isn't climbing, and it probably would be showing climbing tendencies by now, so it's probably right - was that what you were basing your comment on?

I'm not getting at you, but I use these threads to increase my own knowledge as I expect others do, so it's helpful, when it gets into a discussion, if people say the reasons why something can't be something.