Old 17-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Lintama Lintama is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
On 16/06/2013 22:19, David Hill wrote:
Thanks for the suggestions Sacha. The 3rd isn't parsley or any herb for
that matter. It's tasteless. I haven't tasted the 5th one yet. I will
do so later. Not sure about the 1st one being Catalpa...thingy. The
leaves aren't quite the right shape unless there are a lot of
variations. It is growing fast as are the others. I know it isn't
Morning Glory now as it isn't a climber. The stem is stiff. The
lookalike parsley isn't growing fast so maybe it won't be a big plant.
Still not had a definite ID on any of them. They need to grow a bit.
Best to get more photos in a few weeks and post again. It's certainly
turning into a mystery for me. I'm a bit nervous of number 4 and what
to do with it. I don't want to destroy it as it might be a very nice
plant that isn't cannabis.

Right, you're not happy because no one has been able to say with
certainty what the seedlings are.
Now lets see if you can actually give us some help.
You have said that 2 of the seeds came from the hotel car park in Madeira,
Just where did the other 3 come from?
Wild collected?
Packets that you threw away after sowing or where?

If you still don't believe my identification of sorrel have a look at
this link.
red sorrel plant
David @ the damp side of Swansea Bay
I am very grateful for everybody's input. It's not that I'm not happy, I am finding this rather fun actually as to me it is like trying to solve a mystery which it is anyway. I have looked at Google images until my eyes have gone square. Some are very like the plants I have but not exactly. The castor oil plant and the tetrapanax are very similar.

As for where the seeds came from, I am a bit fuzzy over it now. The plant which is like the morning glory I dug up from my garden. I have found two more small seedlings now from roughly the same place. The cannabis type plant also was dug up from my back garden. The castor oil type plant, I can't remember but not from Madeira. The other one which looks like a little fern is from Madeira. The sorrel was from Madeira too.