Old 17-06-2013, 03:47 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintama View Post
Yes, the Fagopyrum esculentum is a very good match for my plant (no.1) Shouldn't be long before it flowers and that will clinch it. Where do you think would it come from? Do farmers grow it and what is it used for? We have lots of fields round us.
I think it's a UK native, so it will appear as a "weed" every now and then. The seeds are used as a cereal - you used to be able to get them in wholefood shops, and I think they're coming into fashion again as an alternative to rice. And aren't blinis made of buckwheat flour?