Old 17-06-2013, 04:41 PM
Lintama Lintama is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
I think it's a UK native, so it will appear as a "weed" every now and then. The seeds are used as a cereal - you used to be able to get them in wholefood shops, and I think they're coming into fashion again as an alternative to rice. And aren't blinis made of buckwheat flour?
Thanks Kay. Just to let you know, you were right about the wild bird seed. The plant (no. 4) is indeed hemp and there is hemp seed in the mixed bag of seed so mystery solved on that one.

Thank you once again. I don't feel so nervous now. I will continue to grow it on. The girl at the seed supplier said they wouldn't be allowed to put cannabis seed in the mix. She was very helpful in explaining just what the mix contained.

Never had blinis so wouldn't know what the ingredients were.