Old 17-06-2013, 08:15 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molly1966 View Post
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been having problems with red ants, masses of them. I've dug over my garden, putting in some new soil too. They get into my planters, well, seems they are everywhere this year. I'm a little distraught because I planted a tree for my late father, it was thriving until recently, the leaves are hanging down, its kinda looking all sad.
I would hate to dig it back up, been in the garden 2 months now.
I would appreciate any advice on how to get rid of the little critters..
.
If they're everywhere, you're not going to get rid of them, but I doubt that they're anything to do with the trees problems. I don't know where in the country you are, but here we've had a very dry few weeks, with soil beginning to crack, and any newly planted tree which hadn't been heavily watered would be hanging its leaves.