Old 17-06-2013, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Ants..

On 17/06/2013 19:56, Molly1966 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum. I have been having problems with
red ants, masses of them. I've dug over my garden, putting in some new
soil too. They get into my planters, well, seems they are everywhere
this year. I'm a little distraught because I planted a tree for my late
father, it was thriving until recently, the leaves are hanging down, its
kinda looking all sad.
I would hate to dig it back up, been in the garden 2 months now.
I would appreciate any advice on how to get rid of the little
critters..

Thanks.

Molly.

Know thine enemy
http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/...e.aspx?pid=503

Biological control is available from several firms, google it