Old 17-06-2013, 11:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Please help identify this plant

"kay" wrote in message

David Hill;985275 Wrote:
On 17/06/2013 07:40, Roger wrote:-
Good morning fellow gardeners.

Could you please help identify this plant I seem to recall I got from
the muppets at Thompsons. I suspect it might be a triffid about to
take over the world. It was meant to be a sweet smelling flowery thing
for a cottage wall, like jasmine I recall. The memory is vague, so is
my knowledge of plants. Anyway it took off like a shot but appears to
be liable to throttle everything in site, but as you can see I have
been lazy anyway in not training the darn thing. The flowers are very,
very small and a complete waste of space. Though the bees absolutely
adore it, but I cant smell anything. You can see it here
'Flowers Photos by abbaservices12 | Photobucket'
(http://tinyurl.com/mqwq5qn)

What have I done, and is it worth keeping if I trim it a little and
get it to behave?

TIA
-
Jasminum beesianum

Definitely not jasmine. There's no indication at all of the five regular
petals of the jasmine flower, the leaves are simple and don't have
leaflets like the jasmine.

One of the honeysuckles is far more likely. Not all of them have
noticeable scent.

--
kay

Well I think its J beesianum!