Old 18-06-2013, 02:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Allium confusion

On 2013-06-18 14:39:33 +0100, Chris J Dixon said:

It is fast becoming apparent that last autumn's Gardeners' World
special offer alliums must have got their packet labeling wrong.

Where I had expected to see diminutive a. ostrowskianum, they are
already over 600 mm high. However, what should have been that
size - a. sphaerocephalon - are tiny plants. I'll have to leave
them now, and try to move them after flowering.

Chris

Bummer! Obviously they don't know their onions!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com