Old 18-06-2013, 06:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Allium confusion

"Chris J Dixon" wrote ...

It is fast becoming apparent that last autumn's Gardeners' World
special offer alliums must have got their packet labeling wrong.

Where I had expected to see diminutive a. ostrowskianum, they are
already over 600 mm high. However, what should have been that
size - a. sphaerocephalon - are tiny plants. I'll have to leave
them now, and try to move them after flowering.

How thick are the stems? If thick they may be one of the large flowered
varieties in which case you have done well as they are always expensive.
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.