Old 18-06-2013, 10:48 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
[color=blue][i]

In our experience - a happy one - M cambrica tolerates just about
everything but deep sea immersion! It has seeded itself all over the
place in our garden. We have it in beds facing east, south weat and
north, in pots and slightly posher containers, in wide borders and in
something closely resembling a gravel path and it seems to be having a
particularly good year this year. It's a fabulous plant and if it
wasn't so generous with its favours, people would be fighting over
obtaining seeds, imo. It's probably Ray's favourite plant AND to cap
its virtues, it's a rare day in the year when you can't find one in
flower somewhere in the garden. Every garden should have one - to start
with! ;-)

That is IF you can get it to start, it doesn't seem to like me as I've
failed every time I have tried to grow it.
What - the common yellow welsh poppy? Agreed the blue ones are difficult, but I didn't think there was anywhere that the yellow one wouldn't grow.