Old 19-06-2013, 04:54 PM posted to rec.gardens
Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl is offline

Default first tomato!

Higgs Boson wrote:
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:08:49 PM UTC-7, Natural - Smoking Gun -
Girl wrote:
Gus wrote:

It's only the size of small plum but still-- first tomato! It
turned

red mostly the last couple days suddenly and thought I better pick
it

before the squirrel.

So far,

humans 1

squirrels 0

I pick mine when they just start to turn blushy looking. One year I
didn't

get one good tomato due to varmints getting them, so now I don't
wait and

put them in my kitchen window to ripen. I've got a few small ones,
too,

about the size of large plums. I'm looking forward to the larger
tomatoes

when they finally put on fruit!

--

Natural Girl

Inquiring minds need to know: Were you able to discern any
difference in taste between vine ripened and kitchen window ripened?

HB

I didn't notice any difference in the taste, but ever since the year where
the garden thieves took EVERY tomato I had, I've been pulling them as soon
as I see them begin to turn and I let them ripen the rest of the way in my
kitchen window. They taste REALLY good.

--
Natural Girl