Old 19-06-2013, 05:03 PM posted to rec.gardens
Gus[_3_] Gus[_3_] is offline

Default first tomato!

"Higgs Boson" wrote in message
On Tuesday, June 18, 2013 2:08:49 PM UTC-7, Natural - Smoking Gun - Girl
wrote:
Gus wrote:

It's only the size of small plum but still-- first tomato! It turned

red mostly the last couple days suddenly and thought I better pick it

before the squirrel.

So far,

humans 1

squirrels 0

I pick mine when they just start to turn blushy looking. One year I
didn't

get one good tomato due to varmints getting them, so now I don't wait and

put them in my kitchen window to ripen. I've got a few small ones, too,

about the size of large plums. I'm looking forward to the larger
tomatoes

when they finally put on fruit!

--

Natural Girl

Inquiring minds need to know: Were you able to discern any difference in
taste between vine ripened and kitchen window ripened?

HB

Speaking for myself, not too much. Vine ripened is best, but window ripened
out of a garden still beats grocery store by quite a bit.