Old 19-06-2013, 09:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Helenium Beetle

I have just completed my evening search for lily beetle. As you might
expect, I have concentrated my search on lilies. I found no sign of
beetles or their young.

I then progressed to a checkup of a border heavily (and newly) planted
with heleniums which, I suppose, are a contender for my favourite
plant (after lilies).

By the end of my check of the helenium border, my little cup, into
which I would drop my lily beetles, had gone from a count of zero to a
count of 11. So I wonder, are lily beetles more partial to heleniums
than to lilies?

--
Cheers, Jake