Old 20-06-2013, 11:02 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Default Ground Elder removing!

wrote:

I have a problem with ground elder (and creeping buttercup) because
the young leaves of both look similar to strawberry leaves. :-(

Don't talk to me about creeping buttercup!

Last year I tried digging it out, but my lawn ended up looking a bit
like a rugby international had just been played on it. This year, I've
dug less out and am trying a chemical approach. I can't remember the
name of the weedkiller off the top of my head but it will be 2,4-D
based as per various website recommendations.

--
Chris