Old 20-06-2013, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Campanula identification

On 19/06/2013 16:15, indigo wrote:
Hello gardeners. I have this mat forming Campanula flowering its little
heart out atm but the only label I can find is one for C. 'Blue Clips'
which I have a feeling didn't survive and I don't think the flowers look
the same as pix of that variety anyway.

Anyone able to identify this one? It's a slowly spreading low grower,
having small rounded leaves with toothed edges and lax flowering stems
about 6 - 9" long. The flowers are purple-blue. Pic he
http://flic.kr/p/eQTtrL - ignore the foliage top left as that's a nearby
Tiarella.

Nearest I can come up with from pictures is C. portenschlagiana but
that's mostly described as flowering in late summer, so I'm not sure.

Thanks for any help.

--
Sue

Hi Sue,

I think you're spot on with Campanula portenshlagiana. It looks just
like the plant I have in my garden.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London