Old 20-06-2013, 07:56 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default Weed of the week: Fox-and-Cubs (Pilosella aurantiaca)

Being gorgeous is such an advantage to a weed!
Fox-and-cubs has millions of little floaty seeds, which is how it turned
up in my garden uninvited. I make sure it doesn't get to ripen any more
of them.
It also spreads by runners, both above and below ground, so if you do
let it stay in your garden you're going to have to do some digging.

It's native to southern Europe where it's a protected species. In
northern Europe it's a weed. In Australia it's an agricultural menace.

It has at least half a dozen other names - the sign of a serious weed.
[ Section: 1/1 File: z_Fox_3553.JPG UUencoded by: Turnpike Integrated Version 5.02 S ]

sum -r/size 6059/341979 section (from "begin" to "end")
sum -r/size 3251/248187 entire input file
--
Sue ]
Attached Thumbnails