Old 21-06-2013, 10:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default Ptelea trifoliata

On 2013-06-20 16:32:03 +0100, Janet Tweedy said:

On 19/06/2013 18:43, Sacha wrote:
found 3 or 4 of these today, lurking at the back of the nursery and hope
to plant one soon. I'd never even heard of it before! The blurb I've
found says it comes into leaf late and is hardy so is good for areas
subject to late frosts. But I wonder if anyone else is growing it and if
so how you find it does? Good, indifferent, bit dull?

grew some from seed. then gave them away so no idea what they grew into

Now have four Tamrind indicus seedlings. What do i do with them i wonder ?

I can't help! I've never met one of those, either but I doubt it would
grow outdoors except in the very mildest frost-free garden. Beautiful
flowers, though! I think we're going to put a Ptelea in one of the car
park borders and see how it does there.
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com