Old 21-06-2013, 03:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Compost Quality

On 21/06/2013 13:58, Judith in England wrote:

I had heard that B&Qs multipurpose compost was this year much improved compared
to the rubbish last year.

I bought a couple of bags - one of them was OK - the other bag had bits of
plastic, bits of wood,silver paper, the usual rubbish.

I sent the rubbish back to B&Q.

They phoned up today to follow up my complaint: during the conversation I was
told that they had only had 5 complaints about that compost this year!!

I didn't know that they had all written - but I think I know the other 5
people who were far from happy with the quality.

After I found the rubbish I asked a colleague (who had also experienced the
poor quality of B&Q compost last year) what he was using this year. he said
Westland Jack's Magic.

I bought three large bags from Homebase: perfect : just like the compost we
used to get :-).

(In my letter to B&Q I had suggested that they went round to Homebase and
bought some of it to test - to see if it met their own exacting standards :-)

Good for you! That's what we should all be doing.
I shall look out for Jack's Magic and see what I think.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London