Old 22-06-2013, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_10_] Sacha[_10_] is offline

Default For Sacha - Veddw Incident

On 2013-06-21 12:00:49 +0100, Jake said:

On Fri, 21 Jun 2013 09:58:22 +0100, Sacha wrote:
snip

We've had one experience of a coach getting
stuck in a lane and never getting here at all. It turned out that the
leader of the party hadn't given the coach driver our very explicit
instructions which warned against using that lane! I'm imagining
Charles's 'enjoyment' of the episode now. I do hope he remembered his
camera...!

He didn't - too busy with the pruner! But I managed a couple of pics.
I'm not sure about enjoyment as he and Anne were due to whip off to
West Wales as soon as the visitors had left and were running an hour
late by the time we finished.

I did notice that the tea got weaker as additional mugs were brought
out. Anne probably gave herself a muscle injury wringing the last bit
of flavour out of the second tea bag!

Lol! Oh dear, her reputation will never recover - fancy having to
provide tea! Poor Anne!

Now if only the welsh had built wider lanes then this sort of thing
wouldn't happen.
I get worried when I see grass growing in the centre of the lane.

We see a lot of that here in some lanes round us. One is actually known
as the Green Lane locally! The problem in Devon is the very high
hedges which disconcert a lot of people. I love the area round Chepstow
and Tintern and the lush green of it all and the river. Beautiful!
--

Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com