Old 22-06-2013, 12:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Broad beans. Anybody near podding?

wrote in :

In article ,
Pete C wrote:

"Baz" wrote in message
It might be 3 weeks for us yet.
But with this rain we had last night, it might be earlier. fingers
crossed.

yes. Earlier this week. Like Broadback, small, green and sweet.

No. I am still picking the tops! But I planted late.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Picking tops to eat? Or blackfly? Nick.
I have sown some more this morning, as an experiment really to see how they
go. I always save too much seed so nothing to lose. I can dig them in as
green manure if all fails. I still have lots of seed.
Brassicas are going in that bean area next year. I think thats the way to
do it?

Baz