Old 22-06-2013, 02:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Ground Elder removing!

RustyHinge wrote:
(Speaking of chickens - first green egg today! It's ,... a very odd
colour, not the blue we were hoping for, but ... interesting)

You've got a cucko^h^h^h^duck in the nest?

Quack.

We got 2 new Heritage Blue chooks, which are meant to have an 80% chance
of a green or blue egg, with the others being 'various pastels'. From
what I can tell, unless one of the older girls has shrunk her eggs, of
the 3 new girls (2 Blue and one stripey but i can't remember the breed)
we are getting 1 green, one mid brown and one light brown.