Old 22-06-2013, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Rosemary Beetle

On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 17:58:18 +0100, Spider wrote:

Alas, we have. Squished! Not that I'm very precious about lillies. I
do love them, but they're cat killers so I can't take the risk with my
cats. My few lillies are in pots where the cats can't get to them.

The main risk to cats being pollen, I nip out the anthers (just hold a
container underneath and snip them off into it). This has the added
benefit of prolonging flowering. I don't think the absence of the
reproductive bits makes the flowers look bad. There are also
"cat-friendly" lilies available (J Parkers sell them) which do not
produce pollen at all.

--
Cheers, Jake