Old 22-06-2013, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Broad beans. Anybody near podding?

Baz wrote:
I've got my first couple of dwarf french beans ready to pick, though!

My grand daughters dwarf french beans are comming along nicely, not ready
to pick yet. Another week or so I hope. I am surprised at how fast they
have grown. She can't wait to pick them.
I will certainly grow some myself next year for an early crop.

I don't think it's normal to get such an early crop. They're susceptible
to frost. Although them being dwarf ones, they're handy for keeping in the
greenhouse.

I picked 2 today, both purple (Purple Queen or Purple Tepee - I mixed the
seeds so no idea which is which), but went and forgot to cook them!

Don't care. I have strawberries now. :-D
And picked what is probably my last batch of rhubarb this year.