Old 22-06-2013, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Ground Elder removing!

David Hill wrote:
*shrug* Enough to make weeding it out require a second glance, at which
point I'm normally glancing at it in my hand going "oh b*****, I just
pulled out another strawberry", yeah.

Just keep doing that then plant the strawberries in a new bed and you
can hit the buttercups with no problem

The place where I have the problem is the back garden, where there are no
spare beds, and they just kind of meander through the flower bed. The main
problem atm is that I can't weed very effectively because NIck put chicken
wire up (grr) and now the chooks are in a much bigger run and don't need to
come out much, I can't remove it cos his grape vine has decided it likes it!

Anyhow, it's more the ground elder than the buttercup that cause the identity
issue. (for me)