Old 23-06-2013, 07:34 AM
Howzit_China Howzit_China is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
I built my own greenhouse glazed with twin walled polycarbonate roof and
acrylic glazed sides. What I have found is that some plants seem to elongate
as if fighting for light (eg. tomatoes) whilst others don't seem to have any
problems (eg. cacti & orchids).
The main problem is the dampness and humidity of the greenhouse rotting the
wood as the condensation always drips down towards the ground rotting the
wood from the bottom. Also a problem where any sloping roof meets wood
inside the house.
Forgot to ask, would you not use polycarbonate for the sides?