Old 23-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Howzit_China Howzit_China is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
On 23/06/2013 09:28, Howzit_China wrote:
Here's a quick drawing with the back adjusted to 2m.

The reason for the elaborate roof on my original drawing was to get
around what is happening in this drawing, which is that the roof angles
of the sides are different due to the different side widths so the
polycarbonate will need to twist slightly to fit the frame, but maybe
this will not be a problem.

Is polycarbonate strong enough that I could use one sheet for the entire
roof and one for the front without any supports in the middle?

|Filename: GreenHouseDesign3.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15650|

OK lets throw a curved Ball
Why put a door at an end, why not have the front as 2 or 3 removable
panels, that way you wont be tryng to put a path down the length and
will have more growing area.
Well yeah that was kind of my original idea, except I was picturing them opening upwards on hinges like a growbox.

Somebody raised the point that in winter (if I was to use it in winter) opening the panels would release a lot of the warmth, but I am with you on this one.

This would probably rule out the digging a deeper foundation to increase the height idea, it would be quite a big step down....but maybe I could strategically place steps on the inside to step onto.

This wood rotting business is putting me off, what do you think of the aluminium idea? Looks like I could pick up some aluminium beams quite cheap. I wouldn't have a clue how to build with the stuff but it can't be brain surgery