Old 24-06-2013, 12:29 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

Default Sudden infestation with this yellow flowered low-leaved tallgangly plant

On 6/23/2013 6:01 PM, David E. Ross wrote:
On 6/23/13 1:17 PM, Danny D. wrote:
Anyone ever had an infestation of acres of these yellow plants?

They seem to be taking over my otherwise barren dry hillsides:

The plant has a strange-looking stalk:

And very low-lying leaves:

The climate is San Francisco bay area, very dry, poor Franciscan
sediment soil, and lots and lots and lots of sunlight.

It looks like mustard to me. Wild mustard is found extensively in
California, turning the hills near my house bright yellow in the spring.

You better watch out for deranged wild ketchup plants too! o_O

TDD