Old 23-06-2013, 09:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Polycarbonate greenhouse advice

On 23/06/2013 19:29, Howzit_China wrote:
Great thanks for all the responses.

Maybe I would be better off getting a blow away, especially if rot
becomes a serious problem, I will do some further cost benefit analysis.

I think the main thing to decide on before continuing is the
design/dimensions before dealing with ventilation and rot prevention.

As two posters have mentioned the height I have been giving this some
thought, I don't want to upset my neighbour by going too high above the
fence so what I could do is raise the height to 170cm, and dig down 30cm
into the ground giving a highest point of 200cm.

To be honest I didn't envisage myself spending too much time in the
greenhouse but I guess if I am going to go through the effort I might as
well do it properly.

Photo of the plot attached, taken 20 mins ago. There is just lawn in
front of the plot, It is West facing and gets sun approx 12:30 to 18:00

|Filename: Hounslow-20130623-00166.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=15657|

Having seen the picture I fail to see why you want to make it such a
problem, and so much more work for yourself.
Keep to a regular shape and move the path.
You could even remove the screen block wall and extend the present
conservatory/ structure another 6ft or so along the fence, you could
use the same small profile plastic sheeting that you now have on the
existing roof, Much cheaper than polycarbm and line it in the winter
with large bubble film.