Old 24-06-2013, 09:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Can you identify this plant?

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
It is growing in front of a disused garage door on a car park. It is in
in full bloom and is quite striking. I have never seen it before during
my long lifetime.

It is about 1' x 1' and is literally covered in rich yellow trumpet like
flowers which are about half an inch long. There are about twelve
flowers in a cluster at the end of each stem and the foliage is similar
to this
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...d=0CI0BEPwdMAo.

I have been googling with its description and I am fairly certain that it
is this one.
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur..._wmhf8DvdsM%3A

Sorry, I meant to send this one, but things went wrong
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur..._wmhf8DvdsM%3A

OK, sorry again, but its number two on top line.