Old 24-06-2013, 10:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Rosemary Beetle

On 23/06/2013 23:25, Jake wrote:
On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 17:05:58 +0100, wrote:

All cats need to vomit hairballs from time to time, but Cheetah does have a
bit of a problem with it.

Cats will eat grass for moisture as well as vomit inducing (I now grow
cat grass for Pillster, which he seems to love chewing, and my
miscanthus actually grows to it's 6' intended height as a result).

Yes, I'm sure that's true. I believe they also chew/eat it for a dose
of folic acid.

Frequent hairball vomiting can usually be sorted by human grooming.
Difficult at first but Pillster now expects his early evening session
with a Furminator (google it - really good) and tries to get extra
sessions if he can. I'm amazed at the amount of loose stuff I get off
him, especially at this time of the year when he's moulting heavily.

I do brush my cats. They both seem to like it, but I've been unwell and
fallen behind with my duties. Even when brushed, though, Cheetah chucks
up more often than other cats. Just as well I've got strong stomach, as
well as adoring the little critter.
I will check out the Furminator though. Thanks.

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London