Old 24-06-2013, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Emrys Davies Emrys Davies is offline

Default Can you identify this plant?

"Pam Moore" wrote in message
On Mon, 24 Jun 2013 22:49:15 +0100, "Bob" wrote:

"Emrys Davies" wrote ...

It is growing in front of a disused garage door on a car park. It is in
in
full bloom and is quite striking. I have never seen it before during my
long lifetime.

It is about 1' x 1' and is literally covered in rich yellow trumpet like
flowers which are about half an inch long. There are about twelve
flowers
in a cluster at the end of each stem and the foliage is similar to this
http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...d=0CI0BEPwdMAo.

Funny enough one of those turned up in our front garden last year, it's
stunning this year. I've looked around and can't find it in anyone else's
garden locally.

It soon will be if you leave yours to seed! It grows like a weed in my
front garden. I brought some from my Mother's garden about 25 years
ago. She warned me it would seed around and it does. It now grows in
my next door neighbour's front garden also!
In my back garden I have a white one with white and green flowers
which I certainly never planted!

Pam in Bristol

Many thanks everyone. I now have some of its seed on order and look forward
to having its very pleasing display.