Old 25-06-2013, 08:09 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens
F Murtz F Murtz is offline

Default Brass garden hose nozzles and brass on/off switches (and missingo-rings)

Danny D. wrote:
On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 08:44:55 -0700, Oren wrote:

Source:

Regarding sourcing the 4" brass nozzles and brass valves ...

Q: Does anyone know of a better 4-inch brass hose nozzle or a better price?

Here's my quick nozzle summary, for others to benefit from, of the
three types I bought from local box stores and tested this week:

ACE Hardwa $6.49
http://www.acehardware.com/product/i...LAID=145559371
BEST: Always shuts off, easily taken apart for cleaning, has 2 o-rings,
knurled knobs are easy to spin off, even when wet.

Home Depot: $7.67
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Orbit-5-i...7928/100659304
GOOD: Always shuts off, I can't seem to get it apart, has rubber knobs which
are slippery when wet and which get damaged easily when using wrenches
to undo tight connections.

Harbor Freight: $3 (regularly $5):
http://www.harborfreight.com/4-inch-...zle-31811.html
CRAPPY: Often leaks when shut off, only one o-ring, easily comes apart,
knurling on the knobs is not cross hatched so it's hard to unscrew
from the garden hose when wet, the gasket fits way too loosely so it
can be easily lost, spray is not a clean stream at the strongest
settings - but otherwise OK.

Of these three, I recommend the ACE Hardware 4 inch brass nozzle.
If you know of a better nozzle, or, of a better price, let me know.

Most people use trigger nozzles now.(water restrictions)