Old 25-06-2013, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Onions

Bob Hobden wrote:
I went down the village to my veggie plot today to plant my beans out and
if I didn't know that no-one can get in, I'd have said they'd been
vandalised.
Almost all the leaves have been snapped off and are lying around but I
guess it was the huge winds we had yesterday, all day.
My question is, can they recover?

In all my years of having an allotment I've never seen the leaves of onions
snapped off by wind. By me being clumsy yes, but not wind. Are you sure you
haven't got some young foxes around, they do that sort of damage when they
play.

My first thought was foxes, too